Friday, March 20, 2009

Pirate Fetish

Dear Sirs,

Since I am so god-awful at real fantasy baseball, I have decided to conduct a small social experiment.

I have joined a public league on yahoo.com, and named my team the ButtPirates. My goal is to draft a regular roster of studs, and then immediately begin offering up trades for any members of the Pirates that people might own. Then I fill the roster with undrafted members of the Pirates. The initial "David Wright for Nate McClouth" trades will certainly cause some serious upheaval, as I'm positive that whatever league I join will certainly be rife with fat 50-year-old men living in their mother's basement who LIVE for fantasy baseball, and the occasional trip to Hooters.

I will keep you posted on this blog as to how the ButtPirates fare, from draft day, until the end. If you have any other suggestions on how to keep pissing people off in order to keep the fun going, let me know.

Here is my confirmation letter. If you do not laugh at the first line, you are not a real person.


"Hey nick_mets06,
This note is to confirm that you've
created the team called ButtPirates and signed up for one of our Public Leagues,
where you'll compete against other managers who've chosen the same settings as
you have."

No comments: