Thursday, December 11, 2008

Confessions of a Dangerous Gamecock

To help generate some extra cash I've been walking dogs in the morning for about four months now (thankfully, my last day of doing that is Monday). At one luxury rental loft where I walk a greyhound, the doorman is a Clemson grad (apparently, that's what you do when you graduate from Clemson). In an effort to avoid verbal humiliation over the past several weeks, I'd been sneaking around the back and sprinting to the elevator to avoid his inevitable (and justified) taunts.

Yesterday he finally caught me and called me out on my childish behavior... but such is the shame of a Gamecock...

Jarvis Giles (#5 Running back prospect according to ESPN.com) committed to the Gamecocks recently, ignoring the fact that there will be no one to block for him once he gets here. Giles plans to enroll in January...

The 2009 Gamecock recruiting class is currently ranked 8th by Rivals, 12th by Scout, and 13th by ESPN...

Rumors that Spurrier is interested in heading to Auburn are going nowhere fast, just like Spurrier himself...

It looks like Ellis Johnson won't be heading back to Mississippi State after all. The Bulldogs named Florida offensive coordinator Dan Mullen as their new coach.

2 comments:

Steve said...

I'm worried that I only see 1 offensive lineman on the commitment list on rivals.com and he's only a 3-star recruit.

Connor Tapp said...

We had a good one for a while in Johnnie Farms (because of Jhonny Peralta, I always think I'm spelling that wrong), but he defected to the Tar Heels.

Looks like we're losing Sorensen and Meredith up front this year with some guys who were supposed to be good coming out of high school filling their shoes (namely, Quentin Richardson)

Who knows though? I haven't heard much about Q-Rich since he got stabbed.