Saturday, April 25, 2009

Some bullshit about a cable bill

Mike Morgan, beloved sportscaster and personality for Gamecock Sports Properties, was fired earlier this week. (Contradictory to the initial line that he resigned). It seems that it all boiled down to a personal vendetta that the President of GSP, Liz McMillan (my ex-aunt through marriage, incidentally) held against Mr. Morgan.

I sent the follwing email to Ms. McMillan just a few moments ago:

Ms. McMillan,

The shameful firing of Mike Morgan (to say nothing of the bizarre attempt to cover up his firing) should be considered a great loss for Gamecock Sports Properties and, more importantly, Gamecock fans and alumni everywhere.

The brilliant job he has done covering and calling Gamecock sporting events does not warrant the exile from the Gamecock family that you have cast upon him. Mr Morgan deserves better. The Gamecock family deserves better.

Sincerely,
Connor Tapp


I feel I should mention that, despite my relation to this woman, I've never actually met her.

For any interested party, Ms McMillian's email address is lmcmillan@ispsports.com

Bombs away

UPDATE: I've created a facebook group that you should all join to express your distaste for reckless behavior of Gamecock Sports Properties.

Please, if you have a moment, give them a call and complain about this bullshit.

No comments: