Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Excuse me while I yawn


A-Rod did steroids. Now, Red Sox fans are supposed to point out what a cheater he is. Now, Red Sox fans are supposed to really hate him.

Weren't both of these already true? He cheated in 2004 and didn't get away with it; apparently he cheated in 2003 and eventually didn't get away with it. Red Sox fans didn't particularly like A-Rod even before he joined the Yankees. Every time he would bat in Boston, Fenway would chant, "Nomar's better."

Maybe it's because I'm a libertarian. Maybe it's because he helped me win in fantasy last year. Maybe it's for the same reasons that I don't hate Barry Bonds. Whatever the reason, I just don't care about A-Rod. He's in great financial shape, but he's always struggled with personal relations. I've always felt kind of bad for the guy.

He's never been accused of intentionally hurting someone else. Most people who hate him do so mainly out of jealousy of his contract, which they would obviously have too if they had his talent.

1 comment:

Connor Tapp said...

A-Rod's worst crime is not being Shwane Merriman.